As I said in my last post, I had done a project with my grade 6s where they had to make a papier mache head. I now had a class full of heads and no real idea of what to do with them!
I then happened to find a hanger…Idea! I took the hanger and made wholes in the side of a cereal box so that the hanger could fit through. I put a heavy rock or two inside the box and hay presto! I had myself a simple torso. I pushed the hook of the hanger through the base of the head. It still meant that the head moved around but was at least fairly stable.
I then took a piece of fabric and draped it over the hanger/cereal box torso. (being an art teacher I am in the fortunate position to have a number of these random things lying around) The head still kept lolling forward however so I took a scarfy piece of material and wrapped it tightly around the hook beneath the head. I tied a knot beneath the front of the head and this seemed to solve the lolling.